Follow the Blog on Twitter

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Why My Wife's Shows Suck... or How I Learned to Love Sleeping on the Couch

People are different, and different is good. I like some things, and my wife usually HATES those things. That's okay by me (it's why we have more than 1 TV). Still, when I voice my opinion on the kinds of shows or movies she watches... 'BOOM! POW!' Right to the kisser!

Take Arrow, for example. The CW's action/adventure show, based on the Green Arrow comic books should be right up my alley. I just got tired of all of that with Smallville. My wife, though, loves DEM' ABS the show. She watches it constantly, and awaits the new episodes with barely contained glee. So, naturally, I rag her about it.

Guys, listen to me, if you don't enjoy your ladies swift kick to your posterior, I'd advise you not to make fun of her taste in... well, anything.

My wife also loves watching docudrama, especially anything related to murder. Most of them have such terrible acting, that I don't even know where to begin. Whenever she starts watching something, she'll give me a glare, and warn me to keep my mouth shut.

And don't get me started on all of the YouTube videos she watches. I watch vids, too, but I don't call her into the other room every 2 minutes to watch them. 'No, honey, I don't care that that dog is doing back flips into the pool. No, dear, I don't want to watch another clip of America's Got Talent.'

Speaking of being forced to watch stuff against my will, my wife is always trying to find a show we can watch together. Baby, shnook'ums, please, for the love of all that is good and pure in the world, we don't have the same tastes in entertainment! Stop trying to make me watch <insert newest show to pop up on Hulu here>.

I guess it could be worse, though... She could be a Trekkie!*

* - Disclaimer: I like Star Trek, guys. Stop sending me hate mail!


P.S.: STAR WARS RULEZ AND STAR TREK DROOLS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment