Follow the Blog on Twitter

Monday, October 5, 2015

Sleeping Like a Log – How to Tick Off a Light Sleeper

alarm clock clipart
RRRRIIIINNNNNGGG!!!

My wife is a very light sleeper. When I say light, I mean light. She will wake up if someone sneezed on the other side of town. The slightest noise can bringer her completely out of a sound slumber. She has been this way since I've known her.




person sleeping clipart
This is me, sleeping like a log.

I, on the other hand, sleep like the dead. More importantly, once I'm out... I'm out. You can step on my head, kick me in the gut, or beat me silly, and I won't wake up. I've been like this since I was a child.



Now, put those two together, and what do you get? One cranky bear. It ticks my wife off, to no end, that our son's whooping and hollering in the next room (because he just kicked his buddy's behind in the latest Call of Duty) will scare her half to death and I just keep laying there... snoring... I've mentioned the snoring before.

The same thing happens if, say I have to get up in the middle of the night to take care of perfectly normal bodily functions. BAMB! She bolts right up, and then growls at me for waking her up with “all that noise!” What noise? I just, literally, sat up in bed!


koala bear clipart
Nice, cute, cuddly Koala!
grizzly bear clipart
ANGRY BEAR!
So, what can I do in this situation? Nothing. I try to be as quiet as I can, and hope that, when the bear awakens, it's the Koala & not the Grizzly I get!





Even I don't poke the bear when she's angry!



No comments:

Post a Comment